Fatal Louisiana MO Fire Ruled Accidental
A state ruling confirms results of an investigation that determined a fatal Louisiana fire was accidental. 3 year-old Riley Jeffrey Rieser died of smoke inhalation secondary to carbon monoxide poisoning on October 31 of last year. His parents were able to escape. The early-morning fire broke out in the family’s home at 415 South Main Street in Louisiana.
The Missouri Fire Marshal’s Office says the fire was accidental and that it cannot rule out an electrical cause. The investigator wrote he was informed by Louisiana police that the rental property was a year overdue for a city inspection.
The victim’s family has said it is considering legal action against the city after police officers used a stun gun to keep the boy’s father from re-entering the burning house.