Colorado Woman Arrested for Monroe City Motel Fire
A Colorado woman has been arrested in connection with the Thursday night motel fire in Monroe City.
Firefighters arrived at the Bel-Air Motel to find one of the rooms fully engulfed in smoke and flames.
The woman staying in the room, identified as Shellie Clark of Arvada, Colorado, told police that she had fallen asleep in the room with a candle lit and woke up to find her room on fire.
Officers then took Clark to the lobby to stay warm. While she was in the lobby, Clark allegedly lit some fake plants and set other items on fire with a lighter.
Clark was taken into custody and transported to the Randolph County Jail on a 24-hour investigative hold, pending the filing of arson charges.