Sunday Evening House Fire in Hannibal
Fire Sunday evening damages a house at 1708 Chestnut in Hannibal.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the attic. Fire crews contained and extinguished the fire in 20 minutes. Firefighters were on the scene until 9:30 p.m. All occupants of the house escaped without injury. Hannibal firefighters say the house did not have a functioning smoke detector.
There is light smoke damage throughout the house and moderate fire and heat damage to a bedroom. Investigators say the fire is accidental and electrical in nature.