Quincy Police Warn of Scam Potential During Storm Cleanup
Quincy Police warn of the potential for scams during cleanup following Monday's severe thunderstorm.
Police say they haven't had any reports of storm related scams at this point. However, there are some tips to keep in mind if you are approached about tree trimming or debris removal.
• Deal with local trustworthy business people (people you know and who will be around)
• Do not pre-pay for services
• Never let a door-to-door sales or repair person inspect your home or property, ask to see their identification and phone their office to verify who they are
• Do not sign a contract with blanks
• Never give a contractor a blank check
If you have questions or concerns about this matter, please contact the Pro-Act Unit at the Quincy Police Department at 228-4485.