The Hannibal Fire Department was called to the 1400 block of Union at 4:30 p.m. Friday.

Assistant Fire Chief Sean Hampton reports crews arrived to find smoke coming from the front and flames coming from the back of the residence.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out in about ten minutes.

The fire started in the kitchen area. The homeowners reportedly were trying to thaw out frozen pipes with an open flame.

Everyone got out of the home safely. There was fire damage in the kitchen and smoke damage throughout the residence.

More From KHMO-AM 1070, News-Talk-Sports