Carl Emerson Makes First Court Appearance
A Hannibal man charged in connection with three shootings early Monday morning made his first appearance in Marion County Circuit Court Friday.
A motion had been made to reduce bond for 19 year old Carl Emerson, Jr., but Emerson’s attorney told Judge Michael Wilson that at this point he just wanted to set the case for a preliminary hearing.
During the hearing, Marion County Prosecutor David Clayton told the court that one of the shooting victims is in a medically-induced coma.
Emerson is charged with assault and armed criminal action.
His next court appearance was set for May 23rd.