Two apartment fires kept Quincy firefighters busy Saturday. 
Assistant Chief Scott Lucey says a fire in an upstairs apartment at 1224 Broadway apparently started when a dog jumped up and ignited a gas stove. Fire crews arrived shortly before 11 p-m to find heavy smoke coming from the building Saturday night. Broadway was closed to traffic for a time as fire crews extinguished the fire. The kitchen sustained extensive damage. A tanning salon on the first floor sustained water damage.
Quincy firefighters were also called to a four unit apartment building at 511 North 15th shortly after 8:30 a-m. Flames were visible as firefighters arrived and fire crews had the blaze under control in about ten minutes. No injuries are reported. No word at this time on the cause of that fire.

More From KHMO-AM 1070, News-Talk-Sports