Hoverboard Blamed in Hannibal House Fire
Fire blamed on a hoverboard late Sunday morning damages a home on Norwoods Lake Place.
Hannibal Rural firefighters were called at 11:39 am for smoke coming from a residence. Fire crews arrived to find fire in a front bedroom of the home of Shelby and Kassandra Terrill. Firefighters knocked down the flames in about 15 minutes. The fire was confined to a bedroom, an adjoining closet, and a bathroom. Overhaul of the 3,000 square foot home to check for hot spots continued into the early afternoon. No one was home at the time of the fire. Investigators say while being charged in an electrical outlet, at least one of the batteries in a Hoverboard toy had exploded, causing the fire.