Heavy Damage, No Injuries in Hannibal House Fire
There was heavy damage but no injuries as the result of a Hannibal house fire Wednesday night.
Hannibal firefighters were called to a residential fire at 706 Lyon.
According to Deputy Chief Ryan Neisen, a passerby saw flames and asked a neighbor to call 911.
Firefighters found flames just inside the front door of the home and smoke throughout the house.
The fire was under control in less than ten minutes.
Fire Investigator Mark Kempker says the fire is being listed as accidental, due to combustibles too close to a wood stove.
The owner of the home was home at the time of fire and did get out safely.