Hannibal JCPenney Not On Closure List
Last month JCPenney announced that they will be closing over 150 stores, and filing bankruptcy. The full list of closures was released yesterday, and the Hannibal JCPenney is not on the list.
The company, which has been around for over 100 years, took a big hit in sales when the COVID-19 pandemic hit. It caused the company to file bankruptcy, and close several stores nationwide. I think we were all holding our breath to see if the Hannibal location would be on that list, and thankfully it is not. However, there is one in the Tri-State area that will be closing their doors.
The stores that are closing in Missouri include:
- Kirksville Shopping Center - Kirksville
- Bolger Square - Independence
Stores closing in Illinois include:
- Northfield Square - Bourbonnais
- River Oaks Shopping Center - Calumet City
- University Mall - Carbondale
- Freeport Mall - Freeport
- Times Square Mall - Mt. Vernon
Locations closing in Iowa:
- The JCPenney at 504 N Adams Street - Carroll
- Marshalltown Mall - Marshalltown
The good news, over 500 stores have reopened since closing due to the pandemic, including the Hannibal store, which is located in the Huck Finn Shopping Center.