Fire Cancels Classes at Transitions School in Quincy
A small fire Thursday evening means no classes today at Transitions Schools in Quincy.
Firefighters were called the building at 732 Hampshire around 8 p.m. Quincy Assistant Fire Chief Tom Bentley says a small pot on the back porch caught fire---possibly from a cigarette. A nearby recycle bin and some cardboard began to smolder sending smoke into the building. Fire officials say the fire is not suspicious in origin. No injuries are reported. Transitions Executive Director Mike Rein says no classes will be held today.