Adams Coop Announces Penny Power Grant Recipients
Adams Electric Cooperative announces the recipients of its latest round of Penny Power grants Monday.
In a press release, Adams Coop officials revealed that 23 different local organizations got anywhere from $215 to $1000 each for a wide variety of projects.
$1,000 grants went to Bowen Christian Church for a snack pack project and Liberty Booster Club to go toward the cost of a shelter house and batting cage in memory of Amanda Krutmeier.
A total of $9,756 in grant money was handed out this time.
The money comes from Adams Electric Cooperative customers who have their bills rounded up to the nearest dollar each month.
The full list of Penny Power Grants:
· Special Olympics Illinois-$300 toward cost of Bocce Ball sets for area tournament
· Seymour Elementary School-$215 for subscription to Music Express magazine
· Girl Scout Troop 5375-$350 toward cost of bench for Illinois Veterans Home
· Transitions of Western IL-$400 toward cost of portable wheel chair scale
· Central Elementary School-$250 toward purchase of four active learning stools
· Toys for Tots-$500 for toys for needy children in Adams, Brown, Hancock, and Pike Counties
· Central/Southeastern Girls Basketball-$225 toward cost of new uniforms
· Adams County Farm Bureau Foundation-$850 for Ag in the Classroom program
· St. Mary’s Pre-K class-$357 for classroom puzzle sets
· Central Jr-Sr High School IRC-$275 for books
· Early Childhood & Family Center-$300 for ELMO projector
· Horizons Social Services-$700 toward the cost of a walk-behind floor scrubber
· The Camp Point District Historical Society-$450 for computer and monitor
· Unity Elementary School-$260 for tablet and case
· Big Brothers/Big Sisters of West Central IL-$400 for recruitment of new volunteers and children
· Central School District Transportation Dept.-$300 toward cost of installing seat belts on school buses
· Augusta Senior Center-$600 toward cost to repair and upgrade senior center
· Liberty Booster Club-$1,000 toward cost to build a shelter house/batting cage in memory of Amanda Krutmeier
· St. Peter School-$350 toward cost of recycled bench
· Brown County Elementary School-$249 for classroom subscription for Math app
· Liberty Junior High School-$300 for robotics program
· Bowen Christian Church-$1,000 for snack pack project
· Webster Elementary School-$350 for perpetual plaque for AR reading club