Salvation Army Kicking Off Christmas Campaign With Tree of Lights
The Salvation Army in Quincy will begin the Christmas season with the annual Tree of Lights Christmas Kick-off.
The event will be held during a luncheon on Friday, November 14 at noon at the Shelter and Family Services Facility, 501 Broadway. The campaign chairs will be introduced along with the announcement of the 2014 campaign goal.
The Salvation Army provides a variety of programs and services to help families in need in the Adams County area. Several examples of how The Salvation Army has given a hand up to our neighbors in need include the following in 2014:
- 9,722 individual instances of assistance were given.
- 465 individuals received 3,488 nights of lodging at the Emergency Shelter.
- 16,305 meals were provided to shelter residents.
- 1,389 individuals participated in life skills classes.
- 4,016 food boxes were provided to families through the food pantry
During the 2013 Holiday Season:
- 1,200 families received Christmas Food Baskets.
- 1,705 children received toys for Christmas.
- 874 individuals were provided dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas.