Fire Destroys Frankford Residence [Audio]
Firefighters from several northeast Missouri communities fought a house fire Monday morning at Main and South Hill in Frankford. The 1890's era multi-story frame house is a total loss. No injuries are reported.
Joseph Marks grew up in the house he says "It was built in 1890, I think it was. And we've done a lot of work to it, we've put a new roof on it".
At this time, the cause is believed to be space heaters used to warm water pipes in the basement. Firefighters from as far away as Hannibal, Monroe City, Palmyra and Buffalo Township were called in along with several nearby departments.
Firefighters were trucking water in from New London to aid in the firefighting efforts.
Tiffany Marks is the daughter-in-law of the owner:
Joseph Marks grew up in the house: