Fire Sunday morning damages a duplex at 633 Head Lane.

Hannibal Rural firefighters were called to the scene at 7:40 a-m. Fire crews quickly knocked down the fire in a bedroom. Marion County Ambulance crews treated Brittany O’Brien Dietle for burns to her back and legs. Fire Chief Mike Dobson says she was transferred on to St. Johns Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis for additional treatment. Two other were children asleep in the residence. One child was treated for a minor burn to his hand and held for observation for possible smoke inhalation.

Dobson said a working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors were found on the main level of the duplex.
He said the smoke detector was found on the lower level of the duplex and it had no battery so the detector was unable to alert the sleeping occupants of the danger of the fire in the bedroom.

More From KHMO-AM 1070, News-Talk-Sports