Rural Monroe City Man Dies from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
A rural Monroe City man dies from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning over the weekend.
Monroe County Sheriff David Hoffman reports deputies and first responders were called to a residence on Monroe Road 580 southwest of Monroe City on a report of possible carbon monoxide poisoning at 10:38 a.m. Saturday.
Emergency personnel arrived to find three individuals in the residence.
69 year old Peter Klassen was pronounced dead at the scene.
63 year old Brenda Buckman was taken by helicopter to Columbia and then transferred to Kansas City.
A minor child was flown to a nearby hospital, treated and released.
Officials say high carbon monoxide levels were detected in the home. An investigation is being conducted by the Monroe County Coroner and the Missouri State Fire Marshall’s Office.