One Dead After Legionella Found in Best Western
State health officials say one person has died after staying at a Hannibal hotel.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services says three people got sick and one of them has died after staying at the Best Western on the River at least one night in the last eight months.
An inspection of the hotel in November resulted in four rooms testing positive for legionella bacteria.
Officials say the three could have contracted the bacteria elsewhere, but the three all have the hotel in common. Officials did not say whether the death was caused by legionellosis.
The Best Western annex has been cleared of any contamination and is open for business.