Hannibal Makes Holiday Bucket List Town To Visit For Christmas
There is just something about driving down Main Street in Hannibal that feels like you are right in a Hallmark Christmas Movie.
There are so many little towns that do great things for the holidays, but Hannibal tops the list and even onlyinyourstate.com thinks so too. The website put Hannibal as a must-stop town to visit for the holidays and I could agree more. With the Christmas Living windows and the downtown holiday decorations, the Victorian Christmas Festival has carriage rides and more. It really is a magical time of year to visit Hannibal.
Most of us who live close don't take advantage of the small-town charm Hannibal brings every season, but I urge you to bring the family and gather with some friends and enjoy an evening out in Hannibal. The website even described Hannibal as a town straight out of a Norman Rockwell Painting.
To find out all the things that are happening in Hannibal this holiday season check out Visit Hannibal MO on Facebook or the website to get all the dates of all the holiday events. Trust me you will want to get these events on your calendar and not miss a single one. Here's a list of events already scheduled:
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony – Saturday, November 26th, 5:30 PM
- Christmas Parade – Saturday, December 3rd, 6 PM
- Festival of Trees December 2, December 3, December 9
- Babes in Toyland Christmas Parade, Saturday, December 10, 4 PM
- Living Windows – Saturday, December 10, 5-8 PM on Main St.
- Historic Home Tours – Friday, December 16th, 5-8 PM
- Historic Holiday Attraction Tour – Saturday, December 17th, 5-8 PM
- Mark Twain Boyhood Home Holiday Tours on Saturdays from November 26-December 17 from 6-8 PM
- Marshmallows and Mistletoe 4-6 PM
- Holiday Music – every weekend along Main Street
- Santa – Fridays and Saturdays!
- Holiday gift wrapping – Saturdays (Non-profits will wrap your gifts for a free-will donation!)
SEE: 30 Toys That Defined the '70s
KEEP READING: Check out these totally awesome '80s toys