An aromatherapy room spray that has been sold in at least a couple of area stores is the subject of a recall alert.

KHMO-AM 1070, News-Talk-Sports logo
Get our free mobile app

According to the Adams County Health Department, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that the Better Homes and Gardens-branded Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones “Lavendar and Chamomile” Scent, may have been contaminated with a bacteria that causes what is known as melioidosis, also called Whitmore’s Disease.

This product has been linked to several cases of melioidosis, including a fatality, in the United States.

It has been removed from stores and online marketplaces.

Health department officials say they are aware that this product was sold in the Walmart stores in both Quincy and Hannibal.

Authorities say if you have this room spray in your home, you should stop using it immediately.

The CDC advises that you do not open the bottle and do not throw away or dispose of the bottle in the regular trash.

You are also advised to double bag the spray bottle, place it in a cardboard box and return it to Walmart.

More information on proper precautions and disposal procedures can be found by clicking here.

$10 Million Illinois Mansion is Straight Out of a Hallmark Movie

This stunning home would be a perfect house to film a Hallmark Movie in.

LOOK: How Halloween has changed in the past 100 years

Stacker compiled a list of ways that Halloween has changed over the last 100 years, from how we celebrate it on the day to the costumes we wear trick-or-treating. We’ve included events, inventions, and trends that changed the ways that Halloween was celebrated over time. Many of these traditions were phased out over time. But just like fake blood in a carpet, every bit of Halloween’s history left an impression we can see traces of today.

More From KHMO-AM 1070, News-Talk-Sports