Download the Official Guidebook for the 2015 Big River Steampunk Festival
The second annual Big River Steampunk Festival will be taking place in Hannibal September 5-7. Want to know everything about this year's festival? Download the 2015 Big River Steampunk Festival guidebook here.
The Big River Steampunk Festival is expanding from two days to three days in its second year, following its successful debut in 2014. "We were absolutely delighted with both the turn-out for the event and the way in which Hannibal embraced the festival," said founder Lisa Marks. "Even with two very hot August days, people dressed in costume and participated in all of the various events."
Some of the highlights of this year's festival include:
• Entertainers from Chicago, Wichita, Kansas City, Florida, etc.
• Vendors from Indiana, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Maryland, etc.
• Premiere of a special Steampunk play, written and produced by Gary Gibbons who is from Hannibal but now lives in Hong Kong
• Tea Dueling, a popular contest fun for all ages
• Ballroom dancing lessons that will take place in the street of the 200 block of Main Street, which will be completely open as Pedestrian-Only with no cars, tents or other obstructions to the beautiful ambiance of the architecture of Main Street
• An 1870s Base Ball Tournament is being planned
• Robert Snow, a gentleman who’s written a book about his life regression experiences as James Carroll Beckwith (who was born in Hannibal in 1852) will be doing a presentation and autographing copies of his book, Looking for Carroll Beckwith
• Maker’s Room where one can learn hands-on how to make Steampunk gadgets and costume accessories