Hannibal Arts Council ‘Arts Billboards’ Installed
Six billboards featuring works by area artists were recently installed in the Hannibal area.
These are part of the Hannibal Arts Council’s annual ART IN THE OPEN billboard contest, a collaborative project of HAC, Independent’s Service Company and Lamar Outdoor Advertising. Over fifty entries were submitted last Fall by area artists, artisans, craftsmen and photographers. In addition to physical billboards, winners have been featured on digital billboards in Hannibal and Quincy.
The selection committee chose five winners in the Adult Division and one winner in the Youth Division. Artists featured on the new billboard are:
• Cyndi Taylor – Hannibal – “Slot Canyon” – Watercolor Pencil. Billboard is located on the East side of Highway 61 as you are going South out of Hannibal just past Market Street.
• Sarah Kendrick – Monroe City - “Bengal Fever” – Mixed Media. Billboard is located on the South side of Highway 61 as you are coming into Hannibal from Palmyra.
• Nathan Wilt – Hannibal – “Mick” – Photograph. Billboard is located on the East side of Highway 36 as you are coming into Hannibal from The Rocket.
• Kelly Eddington – Monroe City – “Pink Heart” – Watercolor. Billboard is located at the base of Cardiff Hill at Mark Twain Avenue and Third Street/Highway 79.
• Laura Good Buffalo - Hannibal – “Clouds and Calm Waters” – Photography. Billboard is located on the West side of Highway 61 as you are coming into Hannibal from New London South of Heavenly Acres.
• Abby White – Louisiana – “Chimp” – Colored Pencil. Youth Division Winner. Billboard is located before viaduct on Highway 79 as you are coming into Hannibal.
Youth ages 8 to 17 and professional and non-professional artists 18 years of age or older who live within a 50-mile radius of Hannibal are invited to submit images of original works for ART IN THE OPEN. Complete guidelines for the 5th annual ART IN THE OPEN billboard are available at hannibalarts.com on the Gallery page.