A fire broke out in the middle of the night in a Missouri home. The woman in the house was still asleep when her dog came to her rescue and she's alive to tell about it today.

KHMO-AM 1070, News-Talk-Sports logo
Get our free mobile app

KXAN shared the story of a Joplin, Missouri woman who's name was not shared. According to the fire department, the fire began at around 3:30am early Saturday, August 21, 2022 at 630 Porter Avenue in Joplin. By the time the fire department arrived, the home was fully consumed by flames.

The woman had escaped the home because she told the fire fighters that her dog had woke her up.

It's not clear if there were smoke detectors in the home or not, but it's clear that she likely would not have survived if not for her dog alerting her to the emergency.

Many are not aware that smoke detectors are available for little to no cost in some cases from organizations like the Red Cross. The minutes you may gain when alerted by a detector could be the difference between surviving or perishing in a fire like this.

Fortunately for this Joplin, Missouri woman, her dog was ready and willing to come to her rescue. It could have been so much worse for both of them.

See Inside the Rad Missouri Silver Bullet Tour Bus with a Hot Tub

See a Tiny Container House at Missouri 's Table Rock Lake

More From KHMO-AM 1070, News-Talk-Sports