Fire Destroys Hannibal Residence
An electrical problem results in a fire that destroyed a Hannibal residence late Sunday night.
Hannibal firefighters were called to 1320 Lindell at 10:32 p.m. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke and fire coming from the house. Part of the building collapsed moments after firefighters arrived.
Fire officials say the house was occupied at the time of the fire and that everyone escaped. One occupant was treated at Hannibal Regional Hospital for minor injuries.
Firefighters say the house did not have a functioning smoke detector at the time of the fire.