520 North Ninth Fire
(HANNIBAL)—A Sunday evening fire at 520 North Ninth in Hannibal is termed accidental and is blamed on cooking materials. Hannibal firefighters were called out at 7 p-m. They arrived to find heavy smoke coming from under the eaves. Working smoke detectors alerted the home’s occupants and everyone escaped without injury. The fire was brought under control within five minutes of arrival. Fire investigators say the kitchen sustained major smoke and fire damage with mild to moderate smoke damage through the rest of the house.