U of I Drought Resources Website Goes Live
URBANA: University of Illinois Extension announced that the Illinois Drought Resources website has just gone live. The site has been created to ensure that information related to the current dry weather in Illinois is organized, easily found, and available
The site can be accessed at http://web.extension.illinois.edu/drought/.
It contains the most recent information about the impact of the drought on crops, livestock, and home gardens, as well as discussions of financial considerations.
The website also serves as a portal to other useful resources. These include links to:
- Drought-monitoring sites for the Midwest, Central Illinois, and the United States,
- The Illinois State Water Survey,
- The USDA’s Disaster Assistance Program,
- The Orr Agricultural Research and Demonstration Center,
- The American Society of Agronomy’s Managing through the Drought Resources web page, which has links to information that has been posted at other Land Grant universities.
Announcements of upcoming events related to the drought will also be posted here.