Investigators identify causes of two weekend fire calls in Hannibal. An overheated scent dispenser is the cause of a call that brought Hannibal Firefighters to an apartment in the Hotel Mark Twain building late Saturday afternoon. Fire department members report light smoke coming from an apartment as they arrived.

Just over an hour later, Hannibal firefighters were called to a house in the 49-hundred block of Prospect Road. Smoke was observed coming from the attic vents. Investigators say that fire started due to a problem with the chimney.

No injuries are reported in either fire.