Schedule of Upcoming Red Cross Blood Drives
Veterans Day is November 11, and the American Red Cross invites eligible donors to schedule an appointment to give blood in November in honor of those who have served the country in the U.S. armed forces.
Blood donated through the Red Cross is distributed to roughly 2,700 hospitals and transfusion centers across the country for patients in need, including patients at many U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers. All blood types are currently needed, especially O negative, A negative and B negative.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
- Nov. 6 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at John Wood Community College, 1301 S. 48th St. in Quincy
- Nov. 7 from 1-7 p.m. at American Red Cross, 3000 N. 23rd St. in Quincy
- Nov. 11 from 12-6 p.m. at Quincy Mall, 33rd and Broadway in Quincy
- Nov. 12 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Blessing Hospital, 14th and Broadway in Quincy
- Nov. 14 from 1-7 p.m. at American Red Cross, 3000 N. 23rd St. in Quincy
- Nov. 14 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Blessing Hospital, 11th and Broadway in Quincy
- Nov. 6 from 12-6 p.m. at First Christian Church, 701 Wabash Ave. in Carthage
- Nov. 7 from 12-6 p.m. at First Baptist Church, Seventh and Blondeau in Keokuk, Iowa – To make a donation appointment, please call Shirley Concannon at 217-257-6067.
- Nov. 8 from 12-5:30 p.m. at Pilot Grove Bank, 516 Main St. in Donnellson
- Nov. 11 from 12-6 p.m. at Msgr Farischon Hall, 400 S. Lane St. in Palmyra
- Nov. 15 from 12-6 p.m. at Marion County R2 High School, 2905 Highway D in Philadelphia
- Nov. 5 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Western Illinois University Union, 1 University Circle in Macomb
- Nov. 6 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Western Illinois University Multicultural Center Women’s Center, 1 University Circle, Suite 209 in Macomb
- Nov. 12 from 2-5 p.m. at American Red Cross McDonough County, 1224 Maple Ave. in Macomb
Van Buren County
- Nov. 14 from 12-6 p.m. at United Methodist Church, 406 Cass in Keosauqua
Blood transfusions help save lives every day. Appointments to roll up a sleeve and donate can be made today by visiting them online or calling 1-800-RED CROSS.