Riverfront Spending Could Top $1 Million in Hannibal
The Hannibal City Council approves a five-year plan that includes investing more than a million dollars on the riverfront.
At Tuesday’s meeting, the Hannibal City Council approved the Capital Improvement Plan for 2016-2021. One of the major expenditures involves completely renovating the riverfront and adding additional docking space for riverboat traffic. The riverfront plan projects spending $225,000 in fiscal 2016-17, and $300,000 each year through fiscal year 2020-21.
In other business:
- The council approved holding the Oakwood 5K Run/Walk the morning of April 23, beginning at Oakwood Elementary School.
- The Pirate Pride 5k is approved for the morning of Saturday, May 7.
- The Mark Twain Corvette Club gets the green light to hold their annual show in downtown Hannibal August 6.
- October 15-16 is the date for the Autumn Historic Folklife Festival.
- A Public Hearing regarding the rezoning of property at 221 South Maple was continued until May 3, after it was disclosed the owner was not present for a Planning and Zoning Commission hearing on the proposal.