Plans for Airport Improvements Taking Flight
Much of Tuesday's Hannibal City Council agenda involved airport improvements.
City officials plan to extend the taxiways at Hannibal Municipal Airport in order to facilitate future development of T-Hangers. The project’s cost is slightly over $653,000, with the city picking up 10% of that cost, or just over $65,000. MoDOT Aviation grants will fund the remaining 90 percent.
Public Works Superintendent Brian Chaplin sought and received approval of a Resolution awarding the airport contract to sole-bidder Bross Construction. A Bill authorizing the city to utilize the $588,000 in MoDOT Aviation Grant Funds had its First Reading, with a 2nd and Final Reading to be heard at a Special-Call council meeting July 28th at 5:30 p.m.
In other business, the council approved:
A payment of a portion of $18357 budgeted in FY-2016 to support the Hannibal Nutrition Center. The appropriation described as a Service Agreement supports senior meals and services.
A bid award totaling approximately $100,000 for media ad buys for FY 2016 for the Hannibal Convention and Visitors Bureau. The bid is awarded to state approved vendor H & L Partners. The outside ad agency was recommended for their expertise and capability to achieve maximum return on the city's advertising investment.