Neighbors Credited for Fire Rescue in Hannibal
A Hannibal man--and his ladder--rose to the occasion during a neighbor's house fire Saturday.
The Herald-Whig reports fire broke out at the Mary Lou Callicott residence on Sherwood Estates Lane around 3:30 a.m. Her neighbors, Frank and Jenny Miller, awoke and called 911. Frank grabbed a ladder and helped Mrs. Callicott escape through a window.
Callicott suffered smoke inhalation and was first taken to Hannibal Regional Hospital before being airlifted to University Hospital in Columbia where she is reported to be in stable condition.
Hannibal Fire and Hannibal Rural firefighters responded to the scene. The fire was contained to the living room and has been ruled accidental.