Meth Related Death in Pike County Missouri
Pike County Missouri Sheriff’s deputies are investigating a methamphetamine related death.
Deputies were called to Pike County Hospital Sunday after a patient died. Sheriff Stephen Korte says the victim and another individual drove themselves to the hospital after taking meth and believing they had overdosed. One individual was treated and released. The other—identified by the Sheriff’s Department as 37 year old James Gregory died after showing symptoms consistent with strychnine poisoning. An autopsy is planned.