Lawsuit Settled in Louisiana, MO Boy’s Death
Part of a lawsuit resulting from the fire death of a three-year-old Louisiana boy has been settled.
A Pike County judge has awarded 150 thousand dollars to the mother of Riley Rieser Miller.
The child died of smoke inhalation secondary to carbon monoxide poisoning in the blaze at his family’s rented home near downtown Louisiana on Oct. 31st 2013.
An investigator ruled the fire accidental due to a faulty electrical circuit and said there were no signs of arson or foul play. The lawsuit was filed in March of this year.
The judge’s order awards 50 thousand dollars of the settlement to the family’s attorney. It also clears the city, its employees and officials of any liability.