Illinois, Missouri and Iowa Among States Most Likely to Have a Miserable Thanksgiving
The real estate site Estately has put out a chart showing which states in America are most likely to have a miserable Thanksgiving. On the flip side you can see which ones are most likely to have a pleasant holiday.
Their "Thanksgiving Misery Index" is based on these factors:
- Likelihood of a family food poisoning episode
- Likelihood of relatives getting drunk and making a scene
- Likelihood of political arguments
- Dietary restrictions impacting meal quality
- Likelihood of favorite NFL team losing on Thanksgiving Day
- Likelihood of guests and cooks abandoning meal to shop at a black Friday sale
According to the overall rankings, Iowans are the 2nd most likely of any state to have a miserable Thanksgiving. Missourians likelihood of a miserable holiday is strong enough to rank their state at #10 overall, and Illinois is right behind at #11.
The worst state for Thanksgiving happiness? Ohio. The state most likely to have a great holiday? Hawaii... as if Hawaiians didn't already have enough going for them just being in Hawaii.