Hannibal Police Make Five Arrests on Heroin-Related Charges
As part of the Hannibal Police Departments focused efforts to hinder heroin distribution in the city of Hannibal, detectives with the Hannibal Police Department Narcotics Unit have served arrest warrants on (5) suspects involved in the sale of heroin. All (5) suspects were charged with the Class “B” Felony of Manufacture and Distribution of a Controlled Substance. The (5) suspects and their charges are listed below:
- Charles Jovan Dean, 36 of Hannibal was arrested on 06/22/15. Distribution of a Controlled Substance
- Kayla L. Lamberson, 25 of Hannibal was arrested on 06/23/15. Distribution of a Controlled Substance
- Lee E. Thomas, 25 of Hannibal was arrested on 06/23/15. Distribution of a Controlled Substance, Fail to Appear Contempt of Court warrant, Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer, Resisting Arrest and Destruction of Evidence. Lee physically fought with officers and attempted to swallow a large quantity of what is believed to be Heroin while he was being taken into custody.
- Demetrius Fernando, 38 of Hannibal, was arrested on 06/23/15. Distribution of a Controlled Substance
- John M Brown, 21, of Quincy IL was arrested on 06/24/15 in Quincy IL. Distribution of a Controlled Substance.
Bond for all suspects was set at $100,000.00 cash only. Dean, Lamberson, Fernando and Thomas remain in the Marion County Jail. Brown remains in the Adams County, IL jail awaiting extradition.
A criminal charge is merely an allegation and the defendant is, of course, presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Press release from the Hannibal Police Department