Big River Steampunk Festival Costumes [Photo Gallery]
The Big River Steampunk Festival is in its second year in downtown Hannibal. Even those of us that did not know a lot about Steampunk before this festival started have quickly discovered that costumes are a major focus for Steampunk enthusiasts. We snapped several photos of impressive costumes we saw while walking around Main Street, and the riverfront area at Kiwanis and Nipper parks.
2015 Big River Steampunk Festival activities include:
• Entertainers from Chicago, Wichita, Kansas City, Florida, etc.
• Vendors from Indiana, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Maryland, etc.
• Premiere of a special Steampunk play, written and produced by Gary Gibbons who is from Hannibal but now lives in Hong Kong
• Tea Dueling, a popular contest fun for all ages
• Ballroom dancing lessons that will take place in the street of the 200 block of Main Street, which will be completely open as Pedestrian-Only with no cars, tents or other obstructions to the beautiful ambiance of the architecture of Main Street
• An 1870s Base Ball Tournament is being planned
• Robert Snow, a gentleman who’s written a book about his life regression experiences as James Carroll Beckwith (who was born in Hannibal in 1852) will be doing a presentation and autographing copies of his book, Looking for Carroll Beckwith
• Maker’s Room where one can learn hands-on how to make Steampunk gadgets and costume accessories