2012 Orr Center Field Day July 17
URBANA – The 2012 Orr Center Field Day, presented by the Department of Crop Sciences at the University of Illinois, will be held on Tuesday, July 17, at the Orr Center, which is located on 4 miles west of the junction of Illinois Routes 104 and 107 on Route 104.
Tours will start at 9 a.m. with the second and third groups leaving the headquarters at around 9:20 a.m. and 9:40 a.m. The tour will take approximately 2 hours and will be followed by lunch provided by U of I Extension.
The following extension experts will speak about current conditions and management challenges in crop production and protection.
- Emerson Nafziger What does it take to get high soybean yields?
- Fabián Fernández Nutrient concentration and removal in harvested corn and soybean seed
- Angie Peltier Foliar disease in corn
- Aaron Hager Weed management challenges
- Mike Gray Rootworm damage to Bt corn: Expectations for 2012 and beyond
For more information call Mike Vose at 217-236-4911 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org .